You want the best possible care for your loved one, only you can't provide it yourself. So how do you find another person or group of persons like you, who are competent and compassionate and will care for your loved one? How do you go about making an informed decision? Here are the top reasons why people chose home care instead of an institutional care facility.
- For elders, home care reduces guilt from having to depend upon family.
Provides Peace of Mind
- Knowing loved ones are properly cared for, adult children receive the support they need. This allows families to maintain their busy lives.
Preventing Medical Crisis
- A companion caregiver provides an extra pair of eyes to help reduce the risk of falls and monitor significant changes in health or behaviors.
Promotes Physical Well Being
- One on one care is a major advantage of home care, more supervision can help your loved one avoid some of the medical complications often associated with institutional living.
Improves Quality of Life
- Provides the freedom to choose activities, keep pets and maintain family relations in your home environment.
Eat The Food You Like
- Companion caregivers can prepare appetizing and healthy meals.
Promotes Mental Well-Being
- Less confusion typically associated with institutional settings. Especially important for those needing dementia care.
- Improve response time reduces embarrassment and avoids skin break down which is so common with institutional settings.
- Friends and family are more likely to visit the home. This allows for outings such as church or other community events.
Supports Healthier Living
- Companion caregivers provide an extra pair of hands. This helps to keep a clean and safe environment.